The leaks haven't changed a thing. Grand Theft Auto 6 is still getting its major gameplay premiere on August 25 via Netflix, and Rockstar Games has no intention of pushing that date back, regardless of what CYBERLEEK has already put online.
That's the upshot of a new report from Bloomberg's Jason Schreier, who says Rockstar management is treating the leak investigation as "all hands on deck" internally, but the studio isn't letting that chaos bleed into its public-facing rollout. The marketing strategy stays intact. The premiere stays on schedule.
Why Rockstar isn't flinching
Here's the thing: by the time a game as anticipated as GTA 6 is weeks out from a major reveal, leaks don't actually kill the hype. They feed it. Millions of people have watched the CYBERLEEK footage, argued about what it shows, and are now even more primed to see the official version. Pulling the reveal or going dark would accomplish nothing except handing the leaker more narrative control.
Rockstar clearly understands this. The August 25 Netflix slot was locked in as part of a broader media push by Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick, who has been vocal about the game's value proposition and the Netflix partnership in recent weeks. Pre-orders are already generating significant revenue. Walking that back now would cost more than it saves.
That said, the mood inside the studio is not good. Rockstar employees are reportedly frustrated and exhausted by the situation. This is the second major leak event the team has had to deal with, and the investigation into CYBERLEEK's identity has so far come up empty.
What CYBERLEEK actually leaked
The leaks that surfaced this week are substantial. CYBERLEEK has released gameplay footage, map details, and information about systems including what appears to be an honor mechanic. The anonymous individual or group also previously claimed to have direct build access, and has reportedly attempted to monetize the leaked footage.
Rockstar has not publicly confirmed the authenticity of any specific footage, which is standard practice. Commenting on leaks officially tends to amplify them. The company's silence on the content itself, paired with its decision to stay the course on the reveal timeline, is about as clear a signal as you can get that they believe the official showing will speak for itself.
What players should actually watch for on August 25
The Netflix premiere will almost certainly be the first time most players see extended, official gameplay in a controlled context. Whatever CYBERLEEK showed, Rockstar will have curated this reveal specifically to land certain impressions: world scale, mission structure, the dual-protagonist setup with Jason and Lucia, and whatever systems they want players talking about heading into launch.
Given that pre-orders are already open, the reveal is also likely to serve a commercial function. Expect it to push people toward locking in a copy. If you want the full breakdown on what pre-ordering actually gets you, the GTA 6 pre-order guide has dates, platforms, and edition differences covered.
The bigger question after August 25 is what comes next in the marketing calendar. A third trailer has been widely anticipated, and the timing around that reveal is still unconfirmed. You can track everything known about when GTA 6 Trailer 3 is coming out as Rockstar's promotional push continues through to launch.








